June 16, 2010

Last Weekend

So this was my last weekend here in Okinawa. We did a few more things while the weather was nice for a day. I finished up working on the 9th so I had been getting ready to head back. On Saturday we finally had a nice day, and took advantage of it. We went to a beach for the morning, the swimming area was really shallow and the tide was going out so we didn't really get in. But we were waiting for the tide to come back in so we could go snorkeling later. We went to our usual spot for snorkeling. The tides were so low that we think stirred up the water because it wasn't very clear and was hard to see sometimes. We still saw lots of fish and neat looking coral. I tried to take pictures but I'm still not very good at it.  The water was different too, there was spots where it was really hot like a bathtub, and then it got really cold, but it kept fogging up our masks.

 The next day was also nice, but we had made plans to go to the soccer game because we had free tickets again. It was a much better game then the last one. It still had bizarre entertainment shows. The picture is the Japanese version of power rangers I think. They were entertaining even though I didn't understand what was going on.

So I am headed home today, I'm excited, nervous, sad, and anxious. I am going to miss it here but I'm glad that I did come over here. I've learned a lot and accomplished a lot while I've been here. At first I had doubts about being here, but now I'm glad I ignored those and kept with it. It is an experience I won't forget and I've made a lot of friends too that I plan to keep in contact with. Now on to finding a job and waiting to hear from the schools.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment