
So this was the last weekend Jack was here so we made sure we planned accordingly. We traveled down to the Itoman Peace Prayer park so that he could see it in the day light. We also found some tombs and monuments that we had missed the last time we came. We went up to the original suicide cliffs but they were working on the area so we didn't see much. The view from there is very beautiful and it is nice to just wander around the area.

After the park, we went to a restaurant dubbed Thai in the Sky. It was so good. But I may be partial since I love green curry. The restaurant was a little different in that when you walk in the entrance it has a giant fossil collection, then you make it back to the restaurant or you can walk through a garden area. The food was very tastey.

During the week, we went down to the American Village again. This time we went to the A&W because we've been told that the McDonalds isn't that great. A&W was alright, I'll just say I'm glad i got the double burger and it is a first that I've had tarter sauce on a hamburger. Next, I've been wanting to ride the ferris wheel, so we got our tickets and figured out how to get on. The wheel takes about 15 minutes to go around, and you get on like a ski lift and then they lock you in. It all seemed fun until the gusty winds picked up and we weren't even close to the top. It was definately not the most pleasent of rides and will probably be the first and last time I'll ride it, but now I can say I've rode it.
So after the stressful ferris wheel ride we got our feet massaged by the doctor fish. It is a little area where you can stick your feet into this tank and then the fish eat the dead skin off your feet. I thought I was going to be a little more frightful with it but I stuck them right in. The fish kind of felt massaging and it was actually quite relaxing. We mostly just wandered around and I finally found a candy store.
Jack left last Friday. On the way back from the airport my dad and I were talking about wanting to feel an earthquake. Well our wish came true, in about an hour later we felt the tremors of one. It was a 5.4 not too far away. Everything was find just shook the building. I'm now back at work plugging along chalking the hours up. It is hard getting back into the routine of things.
5.4 huh? Did you guys have a tsumani warning and all of that?
ReplyDeleteNo not that I knew of, but it was strong enough to make our house move.
ReplyDelete