
Lately haven't been up to a whole lot. A couple of weeks ago it basically down poured for two days, which turned out that we were in a tropical storm. There wasn't a lot to do that weekend, except to shop of course. So we just mostly lounged around.
Halloween weekend, I went to a Halloween work party at the ward clerk's house. I ended up going as a firefly since I didn't have a costume planned and that I would have needed to order one about a month ago. Most of the stuff i got at the 100 Yen store. I couldn't even find a pair of wings anywhere here so I had to use coat hangers and pantie hose which worked well. Okinawans don't really celebrate Halloween but a lot of the kids will go around in the American neighborhoods.
I'm still plugging along at the hospital and learning lots. I actually got to do some paps on my own as well as working on my assessment skills. The SCU is still slow but I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing because i want to develop some skills and learn from the patients. Last week I also spent most of the week in classes which ended up being a waste of time for me but I just have to go through the motions here. In addition to that class i took a half day class on team work. Working with the military you learn that there is a class for everything. All is well for the most part.


No comments:
Post a Comment