I am finally done with my health physical and now I am waiting for the Red Cross lady to send an email to a few departments and then they can fight over who wants me. So hopefully at the end of this week I'll find something out.
*This week September 1-3 is called Obon, which is an Okinawan holiday where they celebrate their ancestors and bring offerings to their tombs. They celebrate with their families and then on the last day they send the spirits back by having some festivals with dancing and singing. We are hoping to go and see some of the dancing and entertainment. The tombs are all over the island and some are in random areas you would expect to see them there. They are to represent the entry into another life and some structures resemble the mothers womb and signify to go out of the world as you come in.


No comments:
Post a Comment