September 21, 2009

Nothing too exciting happened this weekend. We went to an Okinawan craft show on Saturday, not a whole lot of people there and the items were pretty expensive. That evening we ended up going out to Camp Kinser for the Kinser Festival. Camp Kinser is where my dad works and is located south of where I live. He showed me where he worked and some buildings around the base. The festival was pretty entertaining there were some Hawaiian hula dancers, and a couple of bands. And the finale was a bunch of scantly dressed ladies that were 'dancers/singers' It was mostly entertaining to watch the young marine guys jump around and basically go crazy. The show was entertaining, and the group announced that they had 18 costume changes, which i guess was suppose to be impressive, but it consisted of either taking off or putting on a jacket.

On Sunday, we headed out to find this snorkeling area and we were going to do some tidal pooling, but the area was packed with people so then we drove around and looked for a little better area. The place we decided to go and explore was very dirty and there was tons of garbage all over the beach, but we did see some pretty interesting creatures. There was a lot of sea slugs, which are gooey black animals that just slug around. Also, we checked out another area for snorkeling and hopefully are trying it out this weekend if the weather is good.

I have started working in family medicine department this week. It is a lot different from the ICU but it will be interesting. I am learning a lot. I just they would give me a little more direction of what I'm suppose to actually be doing, but it should get better once I get some more direction. The ICU is great because they aren't as busy all the time so they like to teach things and I get to demonstrate IVs, blood draws, and EKGs so far. Also, I keep finding out different trainings and papers I need to complete so I'm still working on that headache. Other than that it is all going well.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment