Monday, I had my first experience with Japanese karaoke. It was interesting. A group from the SCU went out for one of our nurse's birthdays. The place was nice, it was called Big Echo. It sort of looked like an Italian restaurant, and the inside was as if some one decided to add onto the place. So then you rent a room that will fit your party. Inside the room is a big screen tv and a fancy karaoke set up with remotes and key pad things that we didn't really know what they said. They have songs in English so that is a plus but the words are also in Japanese. Basically you just hang out and sing and order drinks and food through a telephone. You seem to loose sense of time too in this magical karaoke room, so before I new it was 1130 and I had to work the next day.
This week we were pretty busy in both areas, so that was nice, except I managed to pick up the Okinawa crud which my mom has been battling with for the last couple of weeks. I think I only got a weakened version. Went to a surprise baby shower for the ward clerk in the SCU, it was pretty fun and then helped out with the hospital easter egg hunt. So I've been pretty busy. I'm looking to take the Red Cross disaster training courses which consists of 3 days for 3 hours. It is raining today so we are doing some shopping! woo hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment